We’re all works in progress, aren’t we? I know I am.
I’m trying some KonMari-style tidying, but I’m not going to post pictures of that. And I’m slipcovering our couch that the cats decided to use as a scratching post, but I’ll post pictures of that when I finish (or never, depending on how it turns out).
I started a pillow cover, to go with the soon-to-be-slipcovered couch. This will be a simple nine-patch block on the front and an envelope closure on the back.
I needed to see some spring colors on this gloomy, rainy day.
I think I did a good job of matching the blocks at the corners, but why does the “quilting” stitching (it’s not actually joined to anything, but the stitching 1/4″ to either side of the seam) seem to pucker? I didn’t change the tension, and other than a little additional bulk from the seam allowance it’s not a lot more fabric I’m sewing through. The lightweight fabrics seemed to have more problems with this.
A friend loaned me his Fuji Finepix HS 50 Exr, which I am slowly learning to use. Most of the photographs on this blog were shot on my red Nikon CoolpixL830 or my phone. Again, there’s a lot to learn, but I’m having fun doing it.
And finally, a finished project. My kindergartner Abigail, who asked if she could draw her 100 things instead of attaching items to a piece of poster board.
She designed her own playground, The Friend Playground with 100 Steps! Her favorite parts are the treehouse and the slide into the pool. My favorite parts are the people hanging upside down from the monkey bars (especially the lady with the blue hair and high heels) and the apple tree, in case one needs a snack. She worked on this for days, all on her own, and I am so proud of her.